Techmeme
December 8, 2017, 2:15 PM

Top News

Jordan Novet / CNBC:
Sources: during a talk at a private party, Elon Musk said Tesla is developing specialized AI hardware “that we think will be the best in the world”  —  - At a private party on Thursday, Elon Musk spoke boldly about Tesla's upcoming custom artificial intelligence hardware.
Chance Miller / 9to5Mac:
KGI: all three iPhones to be introduced in 2018 will have more powerful batteries, with 6.5-inch and 5.8-inch OLED models getting L-shaped battery designs  —  Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities is out with his latest investor note this evening covering more changes we can expect with next year's iPhone refresh.
Lucas Shaw / Bloomberg:
Sources: YouTube to introduce paid, on-demand streaming music service in March; Warner has signed on, talks continue with Sony, Universal, and Merlin  —  Warner has signed on, talks underway with Sony, Universal  —  Artists asked to help promote service, internally called Remix
Blair Hanley Frank / VentureBeat:
Nvidia unveils Titan V GPU aimed at machine learning applications, says Titan V has 110 teraflops of raw computing capability, 9x that of Pascal-based Titan X  —  Nvidia launched a new desktop GPU today that's designed to bring massive amounts of power to people who are working on machine learning applications.
Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed:
Data from publishing tool SocialFlow says Twitter users are retweeting and liking tweets with over 140 characters almost twice as much as shorter ones  —  Given the deluge of complaints about Twitter's 280-character limit when it debuted this fall, you'd think people would be ignoring the new, lengthier tweets.
Yoolim Lee / Bloomberg:
Singapore's largest taxi company, ComfortDelGro, to buy 51% of Uber's Singapore car rental unit for $218M, forming a joint venture to better compete with Grab  —  Uber will retain remaining 49% in the Singapore joint venture  —  Deal marks ComfortDelGro's single largest deal to-date
Mary Jo Foley / ZDNet:
Windows 10 Redstone 4, slated for April 2018, will improve eSIM support, including a pilot allowing companies to bulk-purchase and provision cell connectivity  —  Microsoft is working on eSIM and power-management capabilities that could make their way into Windows 10 Redstone 4.

Sponsor Posts

Smartsheet:
“Smartsheet leads the pack with a balance of features and future strategy.”  —  Forrester names Smartsheet a leader in The Forrester WaveTM: Collaborative Work Management Tools for the Enterprise, Q4 2018.  Read the report.
Talla:
5 Ways to Stop Wasting Support Resources  —  Support can be challenging, time-consuming, and costly, but it doesn't have to be.  Use AI to make your team more efficient.
Zoho:
Announcing Zoho Analytics 4.0 with AI Powered Assistant and Auto-Blending of Data  —  We are super excited to announce the launch of Zoho Analytics 4.0!  It debuts with some great new analytics features.

Listen to Techmeme's Podcast:

Techmeme Ride Home: Thu. 11/15 - The Bombshell NYTimes Story on Facebook Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or RSS.
 

About This Page

This is a Techmeme archive page. It shows how the site appeared at 2:15 PM ET, December 8, 2017.

The most current version of the site as always is available at our home page. To view an earlier snapshot click here and then modify the date indicated.

More News

Earlier Picks

San Francisco Chronicle:
Stephanie Chan / VentureBeat:
Zac Hall / 9to5Mac:
Catherine Shu / TechCrunch: