Techmeme

Results 1 - 10 of about 1101:

Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Q&A with the president and COO of mobile gaming company Scopely on its business model; Scopely says it has a $400M run rate and increased revenues 80% in 2018   —  Scopely isn't the most well-known mobile game company.  But it scored a couple of hits with Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem and Star Trek …
Feb 13, 2019, 8:00 AMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Q&A with Zynga's CEO on the once-beleaguered game company's turnaround, as key acquisitions and the shift to mobile overcome declining Facebook and web games   —  Zynga went public in 2011 and it grew quickly on the strength of social games like FarmVille.  But it hit the skids in 2013, and it began going downhill.
Feb 10, 2019, 9:15 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
SuperData: revenue from digital games rose to $110.7B in 2018, up 11% YoY, with mobile making $61.6B; the top free-to-play game was Fortnite, earning $2.4B   —  Digital games and interactive media grew 13 percent to $119.6 billion in 2018, partly on the strength of Epic Games' Fortnite …
Jan 16, 2019, 5:35 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
AMD announces the 7-nanometer AMD Radeon VII GPU, which it says will be 27% to 62% faster, coming in Feb. for $700; CEO Su says 400M+ gamers use Radeon graphics   —  Lisa Su, CEO of Advanced Micro Devices, announced the chip makers new graphics processing unit, the 7-nanometer AMD Radeon VII graphics chip.
Jan 9, 2019, 1:02 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Nvidia launches Drive AutoPilot, an automated driving system for Level 2+ autonomous cars, says partners will start shipping cars using the system in 2020   —  Nvidia announced that its Drive AutoPilot is the first automated driving system that meets standards for Level 2-plus autonomous cars.
Jan 7, 2019, 6:25 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
At its first CES, P&G shows off a connected home scent-emitting device, a toothbrush that coaches you, and image recognition-powered skincare advice   —  Procter & Gamble is 182 years old, but it has never been at CES, the big tech trade show in Las Vegas, until this week.
Jan 7, 2019, 4:20 AMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Segway unveils Loomo Delivery, an autonomous delivery robot, and Shared Scooter Model Max, a rugged scooter aimed at scooter-sharing startups   —  Segway-Ninebot has morphed its signature electronic scooter technology for use in two new kinds of vehicles: the Shared Scooter Model Max and the Loomo Delivery robot.
Jan 3, 2019, 3:45 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Zynga says it will buy 80% of Helsinki-based Small Giant Games for $560M in a deal expected to close Jan. 1 and will buy remaining 20% over the next three years   —  Zynga has agreed to acquire the Helsinki-based mobile game maker Small Giant Games, the creator of the hit title Empires & Puzzles.
Dec 20, 2018, 6:05 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
AppOnboard, which offers a tool for app developers to let users try an app on Google Play before they buy, raises $15M Series B led by Breakaway Growth   —  AppOnboard scored a big deal with Google earlier this year when the partners announced AppOnboard's tech would be used …
Dec 11, 2018, 12:01 PMIn context
Dean Takahashi / VentureBeat:
Playtika, developer of social casino games, acquires Berlin-based casual mobile games maker Wooga, source says for more than $100M   —  Social casino game giant Playtika announced it has completed its acquisition of Wooga, the Berlin-based maker of casual games.  We heard the price was more than $100 million.
Dec 10, 2018, 11:45 AMIn context

Sponsor Posts

Smartsheet:
The Cloud is Changing Accountability for Good  —  The cloud has transformed a tedious, manual process into something that any knowledge worker can do.  Accountability has never been easier to track.
Zoho:
Zoho Analytics + HubSpot: One of the fastest growing integrations of 2018  —  Back in January 2018, Zoho Analytics integrated with HubSpot CRM to provide powerful sales analytics.
Chromebook:
If you're over the old way of doing things  —  With Family Link on Chromebook, parents have a new, easy way to set digital ground rules and help children create healthy online habits.
Techmeme Leaderboards:
Find out who the top reporters are in 40 different tech categories  —  Who are the most influential writers on topics like AI, VR, IoT, or e-commerce?  We've analyzed Techmeme's news crawl data to find out.