Techmeme

Results 91 - 100 of about 285:

Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
Visa Invests in Stripe at $5 Billion Valuation and Strikes Commercial Deal, Too   —  Credit card companies think they have found an ally in the increasingly competitive world of online payments.  Its name is Stripe.  —  Visa has inked a commercial agreement with the payments startup …
Jul 28, 2015, 12:20 AMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
Amazon's Latest Prime Perk: A Five Percent Cash-Back Credit Card   —  Amazon continues to make a concerted effort to add new perks to Amazon Prime as it tries to funnel new shoppers into the membership program that turns casual shoppers into Amazon addicts.  Here's another Prime benefit …
Jul 22, 2015, 11:05 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
Jet launches, comparing its prices against Amazon's on 90% of product pages, the remaining 10% will be updated with the feature over the coming months   —  Jet.com Will Launch With Amazon Prices Front and Center  —  Jet, the new shopping site that launches on Tuesday, promises shoppers “the lowest prices on everything.”
Jul 21, 2015, 1:35 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
eBay Has Bought Twice, an Online Consignment Shop for Women's Clothing   —  EBay is set to announce its first acquisition as a PayPal-less entity, and it's in an area it knows well: Second-hand clothing.  —  The e-commerce marketplace has acquired Twice, a startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz …
Jul 20, 2015, 1:05 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
Sources: Amazon to launch its Amazon Fresh grocery delivery service in UK this year   —  Amazon Preps Fresh Grocery Delivery Launch in U.K.  —  Amazon's grocery delivery service is still only available in a few markets in the U.S., but the e-commerce company is already planning to launch the service outside of the country.
Jul 17, 2015, 1:15 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
SoftBank Capital to Wind Down as Nikesh Arora Shifts Investing Strategy   —  Nikesh Arora is putting his stamp on SoftBank Corp. as its new president, and its venture arm is feeling the impact.  —  The Japanese investment giant, led by CEO Masayoshi Son, is winding down SoftBank Capital …
Jul 16, 2015, 3:10 PMIn context
Re/code:
Target creates 3,500 square foot Open House in San Francisco store to showcase and sell 35 internet-connected devices   —  Target's Tech Open House Demonstrates Internet of Things  —  San Francisco is home to technology.  Now it's home to perhaps the most technologically-advanced house, too.
Jul 10, 2015, 10:05 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
With buy buttons, tech giants run the risk of alienating retail partners and will face challenges integrating payments and inventory systems   —  Why ‘Buy’ Buttons Will Pose Big Challenges for Google, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter  —  One year ago, the idea of shopping directly from Google …
Jun 15, 2015, 7:20 PMIn context
Jason Del Rey / Re/code:
Pinterest's head of partnerships Joanne Bradford is leaving; Tim Kendall taking on some duties   —  Pinterest's Bradford Departs as Kendall Takes Over Media and Sales  —  Joanne Bradford*, the long-time media exec who Pinterest brought in to oversee advertising and media partnerships in 2013 …
Jun 5, 2015, 10:45 PMIn context
Re/code:
Sources: Snapchat is investing in maker of shopping app Spring   —  Snapchat Is Investing in Shopping App Spring  —  Another day, another messaging app that wants to explore e-commerce.  —  Snapchat, the popular messaging app that is also dabbling in media, is investing in the maker of Spring …
May 22, 2015, 4:10 PMIn context

Sponsor Posts

Microsoft:
A new app aims to shatter the stigma surrounding mental health  —  iRel8 connects users anonymously to others experiencing anxiety, addiction, depression and dozens of other conditions.
eero:
New security features from eero Plus  —  Protect all your connected devices with VPN, 1Password, Malwarebytes, and Ad blocking.
Adyen:
Get a glimpse into the future of retail technology  —  The retail world always takes leaps, but as 2018 approaches, Adyen data and market research gives some early clues as to where it might land.
Zoho:
5 Signs That Your Website Needs Conversion Rate Optimization  —  If you've spent any time in marketing meetings, you've probably heard the term “Conversion Rate Optimization” get thrown around.
Thomson Reuters:
2018 Top 100 Global Tech Leaders  —  21st century technology-sector leadership requires more than financial success.  It also requires a commitment to compliance, innovation, and much more.  Who are today's leaders?